Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life, Unfinished


l can't deny that I'm the ultimate procrastinator. However, I'm proud to say that, although it may take me a long time, I do eventually reach my goals. I created this blog to not only share my journey to a better life, but to also make myself accountable for some of my pending projects:  



Running: In 2009 I became interested in running a marathon. I trained for quite a while, but after a knee injury and weeks of inactivity, I found it hard to pick up where I left off. This remains another one of my goals, and in Jan 2011, I am looking to join NYRR and finally get this out of my list! Let's see how it goes.

Writing: I joined NaNoWriMo.org (National Novel Writing Month) last year in an effort to write a 50,000 page novel. Nevertheless, I gave up within the first few days after seeing that my plot wasn't going anywhere. This year I will take on this challenge once again. Check on me in December to see if I was all talk and no action.

MBA: I've been determined to go for my mba for quite a while now. I even went as far as enrolling on pre-requisite courses at Fordham University and taking a GMAT prep course at Manhattan GMAT. Although I successfully completed both programs, I've been reluctant to take the GMAT for lack of preparation. Starting November 2010 I am taking a more proactive approach in reviewing the material, and hopefully be ready to take it spring of 2011.

Graphic Design: This time consuming, yet exciting field has been one of my passions for many years. There is something about the instant gratification and praise that just continues to motivate me. However, there are moments when I have zero creativity, and this is the reason why I am reluctant to make this my primary field. In an effort to stay current and relevant in the graphic design world, I am following the work of some amazing designers and taking on small projects for my sorority. In a few years, I will hopefully gather enough knowledge to make this a second career.

Looking Better: Weight loss, fashion, and beauty improvements have been semi successful. However, after a big weight loss I have gained  back most of my weight! That simply cannot happen, and I refuse to make weight loss another one of my new years resolution. At any rate, I've been following the advice of great makeup and beauty youtube bloggers as well as visiting some great fashion websites for ideas. Hopefully this will help me stay current, being that I'm indoors most of the time.

I hope that by the end of 2011 I would have met some of my objectives. What are some of your unfinished goals? How will you go about meeting them?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment